April 14th Holiday
INTERNATIONAL MOMENT OF LAUGHTER DAY
Laughter is the best medicine. Today’s holiday is simply a day to have a laugh. Laughter is contagious and it reduces stress, two good reasons to participate. On the website for this holiday they suggest the following ways to celebrate:
- laughing out loud at the funny cards in a greeting card shop
- calling a friend to share a funny story
- getting naked, looking in the mirror and laughing
- buying a “laugh-box” in a joke shop and turning it on at work or at home
- showing your baby pictures to someone who’s never seen them
- thinking up your own way to get someone else to laugh with you
- or just laughing for no apparent reason at all
Whoa, whoa, whoa….is this dude self-loathing or something? Looking at yourself naked in the mirror as a means to promote laughter? That doesn’t sound too funny to me. Well, maybe for me in my current state it may be somewhat humorous, but normally I wouldn’t really feel too great about laughing at myself in the buff. Interesting. Rich and I spent the majority of the day at our new homestead painting today. We did have quite a few laughs just because we were both in such good moods. We acted immature and drew silly pictures on the wall with the paint (no, I did not take any pictures of these…they are not really ‘blog appropriate’…yes, we act like we are 12). Here I am having a laugh about it though:
Obviously, this is not a candid picture as you can probably tell by my ridiculously fake laughing face. I can verify that there was true laughter from me today. It was a great day with the hubby and I can always count on him for a good laugh whenever I need it.
Total Cost to Celebrate: $0
Clip of the Day:
I went with the guaranteed laugh:
P.S. – I LOVE his accent, it makes it even funnier.