- Most visited post – Girl Posse – August 1st
- August 8th – Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Night – I need to start leaving food on my neighbor’s porch more often! They decided to help me celebrate by making this amazing chocolate zucchini cake, it was delicious:
- August 14th – National Navajo Code Talkers Day – Sara was the fastest decoder, here she is showing of her super sweet prize:
- August 18th – Mail Order Catalog Day – Thank you everyone for helping me choose our new return address label. The winner is: Owls with 40% of the vote:
- Total amount spent celebrating this month: $420.89 – ouch!
- Most expensive holiday this month: National Night Out – $121 – This dinner was 28.8% of the total amount spent this much. If you take out this expenditure I spent under $300 for this month. Still a lot of money when it is all said and done. Maybe I will try to do a special budgeted month sometime soon….hmmm…..
- My personal favorite holiday celebration this month: Girlfriend’s Day